We do board differently here at Arbor Dog. Our boarding is completely cage free. We have a room that is set up like a living room with couches, chairs, and dog beds for the dogs to sleep on. An employee stays in the boarding room with your dog all night. It is really like a slumber party for the dogs. Your dog is never caged or kenneled here at Arbor Dog.
What do I need for boarding?
- Food (either in a bag/container or separately measured out for each meal
- Any treats or dental chews you’d like (these will be given with meals as we don’t give treats in the room)
- Any medication that your dog takes (we don’t charge extra for giving medication)
*We don’t suggest bringing any bedding, toys, or bowls as we don’t want to have the other dogs mess with your dog’s stuff because we are cage free.
$50 a night (includes full day of daycare)
- Drop-Off: Please have your dog here by 3PM, any dogs dropped off after this time will get charged a $25 late fee.
- Pick-Up: If you pick up before 1:00 p.m., there will be no charge for the daycare that day. If you pick up after 1:00 p.m., a half-day daycare charge will be added.
- 2nd dogs in the same household get a 25% discount.
- Please Note, if your dog has never been here before, you must call us and schedule a temperament test before we can take your boarding request. All dogs are required to come for 3 days of daycare (2 half and 1 full) after their temperament test to be eligible to board.
- Once your dog is eligible for boarding and for your dog to have the best possible boarding experience, they should come several times in the month leading up to boarding. Then we should state that if it has been more than 5 months, they should come to daycare 3 times in the 2 weeks leading up to boarding. For dogs that have been more than 10 months away from the daycare environment, they will need to come in to be re-assessed to help ensure the safety and security of all dogs.
The reason we can stay cage-free and welcome all breeds is that we temperament test each dog. This way, we can weed out dogs with aggression issues and also figure out which other dogs your dog will like to play with.
All dogs that come to Arbor Dog Daycare must first pass a temperament test. This test lasts 3 hours, and by appointment only. At the time of the temperament test, you must have records from your dog’s veterinarian showing proof of current rabies, distemper, bordetella, and a negative fecal exam.